Oh hey Wednesday! Is that really you?! I think I mentioned this last week, but I’ve recently been back in a 9-5 office environment and boy does it make the week fly by! Lucky me, right? I know that’s not everyone’s opinion about their office job, but hey, I like it! I’m flying down to Florida this Friday to visit with my aunt and cousins! So exciting! I probably should have saved this trip for November when it’s a bit cooler out, but oh well!
Anywayyyy, let’s get real here. I realize that my blog has this huge, gaping hole in it this week, and that hole is missing a whole lot of….drum roll please….The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. While every other fashion blogger and their mother are prepping for this sale like it’s an Ironman triathlon, I’m kind of ignoring it. Will I shop it? Maybe. But I’ve specifically chosen not to cover the N-Sale and I feel like it deserves a whole blog post for me to explain why.
There are plenty of bloggers I follow, religiously, who cover the N-Sale and that doesn’t make me think less of them. I might roll my eyes a time or two after they post for the millionth time their N-Sale picks, what they think will sell out super fast, and what they’ll be buying. I’m all about a good sale, promise! And I probably should share sales with you more often than I do, but I kind of find those posts to be just “fluff” (as my friend Emily would call it). My hope for Style Inherited is that it’s somewhere in the 80% unique, valuable, insightful content, and the other 20% can be fluff. I think that’s reasonable, right? So there’s a super quick explanation why you don’t see more sale posts by yours truly. Let’s move on now…
I understand the excitement around the N-Sale. It’s unique in the sense that this coming fall season’s clothes are on sale, while basically any other sale out there is for styles going out of season. So that’s cool, sure! Buttt I guess the problem I have with the sale is two-fold: how over-covered is it by bloggers who are non-stop beating their N-sale picks into our heads for over two weeks straight, and then the sheer amount of bloggers who cover it. For the past week all my favorite bloggers, who I follow for all different reasons are posting the same content and that just kind of stinks! I’m like, helloooo where is my daily inspiration and new, creative content? Instead I open my Instagram to what can only be described as Nordstrom’s marketing genius. This sale has turned into a major holiday for bloggers and sale-lovers alike. It’s such a big deal that this sale has two weeks of blogger content leading up to the actual sale, dedicated to prepping and planning for how to shop the sale. I mean, what?!
Alright, I think that’s enough venting for now. I guess in a sense I’m walking a fine line of being one of those bloggers by still talking about the N-Sale in this post, but at the end of the day I want Style Inherited to be an honest, candid space and sometimes I do things a bit different around here, and when I do I feel like I owe it to you guys to share the “why.”
On that note- Happy Wednesday! Thanks for sticking with me here! I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts on the N-Sale, are you a huge fan, are you thinking “what the heck is she talking about,” or are you in the same boat as me? Comment below with your thoughts!
Designed by Gillian Sarah
Images by Helen Phillips
Copyright 2023 Life on Phillips Lane
in your home, your closet, & beyond
Agree with your opinions! Instead of doing several blog posts about it, im just putting up one page – it’s not THAT big of deal really, like you said: blogger holidays
I really do hope to find some unique and budget friendly pieces which won’t be over shared!
Thanks for writing this, Helen. Much needed
Mariam! Hi! Thank you for your feedback- I actually was thinking of you when I was writing this post (not in a creepy way), but in the sense that you’re probably one of the few bloggers that does the Nordstrom Sale in a respectable way and you stay true to yourself in doing so! You’re so refreshing, thanks for stopping by!