Hello, hello! Today I’m so excited to introduce you to Life on Phillips Lane’s 2021 Summer Intern, Emma! Trust me, you’re going to LOVE Emma! She’s so sweet and kind and funny, which is why without further ado, I’m going to hand the mic over to her!
Thank you to Ellsworth & Ivey for sending us these matching USA sweaters! They’re so soft & comfy. Emma and I are both wearing the size XS. Runs TTS.
Hello, friends of Helen! I’m Emma Nunn, Helen’s summer intern. I am South Carolina born and raised, and now I am a junior at Samford University studying Communication and Media… and Studio Art and Spanish. I have many interests!
I decided to venture up north this summer to be acquainted with a new culture and travel to some exciting places! I have loved the water, food, shopping, and cooler weather so far. I’m quickly realizing there’s plenty of fun to keep me busy here!
Below you’ll get an insight into who I am, things I love and a few recommendations of mine. At my core, I am just someone who wants to live the life I was created to live by serving others and hearing their stories, sharing my story, working diligently with what I am passionate about, and doing it all with a little bit of fun and style added 🙂
I’m so looking forward to working with my new friend Helen and learning and growing with her this summer! I get to learn the ends and outs of what she does, and hopefully help all of her visions come to life!
It’s nice to meet “y’all” already, and talk to you soon!
1. What’s your favorite food?
My favorite food is a good acai bowl- nothing beats it!
2. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why?
I think I would meet Reese Witherspoon! Great family, great style, great career… she’s just the best.
3. Beach or mountains?
Definitely mountains, specifically in North Carolina!
4. What’s your go-to Starbucks order?
I don’t actually have one! I like to try new things and have never gone wrong.
5. What place is at the top of your travel bucket list?
I would LOVE to go to Japan. I was planning to be there doing mission work this summer, but unfortunately the trip was cancelled. Maybe I’ll go sometime soon!
6. Where is one place you’d love to re-visit and why?
Everywhere I visit I want to re-visit, but at the top of my list is Paris, France. I need to get more shopping done there!
7. If you could only shop at one clothing store, which would it be? (No department stores, that’s cheating!)
Probably J.Crew! I think they have all the clothes I could ever need.
8. Any guilty pleasure TV shows?
I am ashamedly addicted to quite a few TV shows…
9. What has been your favorite class in college so far?
Print and Web Storytelling allowed me to write about other people’s stories and lives, so that was probably my favorite!
10. What’s your favorite color?
11. What book is on your summer must-read list?
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers!
12. What are 3 things you never leave the house without?
1. Lip Gloss, 2. Chapstick, 3. My phone (whoops)
14. Most used app on your phone?
Probably Pinterest.. my worst addiction.
15. What’s your go-to workout?
I lovee a good Barre3 workout! The studios are adorable and the instructors quickly become friends. PS: if you’re in the Greenwich area, please recommend some fun studios nearby!
16. Sneakers or sandals?
Both? I’m not partial to any shoes.. I want them all!!
17. What would you do for a talent portion of a competition?
Probably play piano! I was forced to play for 15 years and now I enjoy it quite a bit.
18. Any recommendations for great beach reads?
The Summer Series, anything by Francine Rivers, SO many more!
19. What color nail polish are you currently wearing?
Nude! I stick to the neutrals 10/10 times.
20. What are 3 things on your New England Summer Bucket List?
1. Travel to a few states! 2. Boat to where I can see NYC (my happy place) 3. Go fruit picking! … This list could go on, I want to do it all and could use some recommendations!
Stay tuned for more of Emma popping up on the blog in the coming weeks, I’m so excited for you all to get to know Emma better and for all of her expertise she’s bringing to the table to help Life on Phillips Lane! (P.S. If you’re signed up for our email list, you can look forward to an exclusive summer newsletter series edited by Emma!)