Hi friends! I’m kicking off the season of gift guides with a requested blog post featuring local gifts! I love shopping local, which is pretty easy to do in Greenwich, CT. We have so many amazing businesses and brands in Fairfield County, plenty of which are right in Greenwich! How cool?! I rounded up 8 of my favorite local things to share with you today! They’re all at different price points, so hopefully no matter what your budget is, you’ll be able to snag one of these items!
***Everything is linked below! Just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling…***
1. The Blanket Lover: ChappyWrap Blankets was started by a mother daughter duo who live in Fairfield County! These luxury blankets would make the perfect gift for a family member, a friend, or even as a hostess gift (if that’s in your budget). ChappyWraps are extremely well made (I use mine all the time!), nice and soft, and perhaps my favorite part about my ChappyWrap is the fact that it’s oversized! You can easily fit two people plus one dog (ha, speaking from experience!) under these blankets and no one has to fight for more blanket! There are so many different patterns to choose from, as seen above, you can go for a more classic ChappyWrap pattern that would work in any household, or you could gift a holiday specific pattern, which I feel like anyone would love!
2. Monthly Jewelry Subscription: The Sparkle Society is a really affordable monthly jewelry subscription by Sparkle & Whim, a company based out of New Canaan, CT. I’ve worked with Sparkle & Whim a few times in the past and am always so impressed by how each piece is unique and so well made! I get compliments on these earrings all the time when I wear them out! I love the idea of a jewelry subscription because it’s the gift that keeps on giving! Even once the holidays are over that special someone will still be receiving a monthly box from The Sparkle Society. And hey, if subscriptions aren’t your thing, then just opt for one (or more) really nice pieces of fun jewelry off the website!
3. The Perfect Fall Scent: I just had a giveaway with this Fir Goodness Sake candle and oh my gosh, it’s a really nice smelling candle! My house smells like the perfect fall day, even though in CT we already have snow…ugh…but what I love most about it is that it has me all excited for Thanksgiving! This is again, another present that would be perfect as a hostess gift! I think most people love candles, especially nice candles (like this one!), so you really can’t go wrong here! Plus the packaging for this candle is already so nice so you don’t have to worry about making it look pretty!
4. Handmade in Fairfield County: Danielle Evita, a Fairfield County local makes simply classic, unique pottery pieces that anyone would be excited to receive. A present like this would be perfect for my mom who is always on the hunt for a “Made in the USA” mug to drink her coffee out of each morning. The only thing better than being made in America, being made in Fairfield County! Am I right?! The sleek, classic, chic design of her mugs, cups, bowls, patters, and pots would be great gifted together, or if you’re working with a smaller price point, then just gift one! One of my favorite gifts to give someone over the holidays, if you’re not looking to spend a lot of money, is to get a nice platter or a nice mug and then either gift the platter with some homemade cookies or gift the mug with homemade hot coco mix. You can buy Danielle Evita Pottery online or at the Westport Farmers Market.
5. Natural & Made in Greenwich, CT: Lithology Soaps would make a great little hostess gift! Or, if you’re like me and enjoying buying yourself presents (ha!), then get these soaps for yourself prior to hosting your holiday parties, and they’ll surely be a talking point among guests! These soaps are organic, vegan, all natural, and sustainable made. In other words, they’re awesome!
6. For The Woman Who’s Always Cold: Dudley Stephens luxury fleece products are the perfect gift for your best friend, your mom, your sister, basically anyone! I own the longer style (Cobble Hill), but am definitely thinking about adding the shorter style (Park Slope) to my wardrobe sometime this winter. These super warm turtlenecks are great for running errands, hanging by the ski slopes, or curling up by a fire. Sizing wise, I have an XS, which isn’t loose on me. I can fit a Lululemon tight, long-sleeve shirt under it when I need to, but I prefer to not layer under it. The S, which I ordered and then returned, was kind of big on me. I felt like especially with the longer length it wasn’t flattering. The great thing about Dudley Stephens is that they have free returns, so you can always order multiple sizes and return whichever doesn’t work!
7. For the Person Who Has Everything: This Balsamic Rosé by The Secret Ingredient Girls is mind-blowing, life changing, out-of-this-world good. The Secret Ingredient Girls is an online store founded by two very accomplished women, Silvia Baldini a classically trained chef and Chopped Champion on Food Network and Alina Lawrence an olive oil sommelier and former owner of the Olivette gourmet boutiques. I had the privilege of attending an event hosted by these two women a few months ago at The Perfect Provenance, which is where I first learned about this balsamic rosé! I had no idea flavored balsamic existed prior to that night and lemme tell you, it definitely changed my love for balsamic vinegars. I learned so much, and have been using my Balsamic Rosé ever since! Do you have those people in your life who already have everything and you never know what to get them? Well, let me tell you, they need this! Unless they’re a balsamic enthusiast then I’m going to guess they don’t know this product exists. This person doesn’t even have to be a huge fan of cooking because honestly, just dipping this stuff in bread is mind blowing, but personally, I love using it over a salad or to finish my quinoa with.
8. The Perfect Festive Gift: The Two Oh Three has so many fun gift options for your local friends and family. I know some people love gifting holiday-themed presents which is why this 203 ornament made the list! I love how the words are enclosed in the state of CT. Not only are these ornaments beaming with local pride, but each ornament is hand-painted in CT! I might have to snag one to hang on my Christmas tree this year!
Alrighty! Please keep sharing gift-guide suggestions and I’ll keep making them! I hope you enjoyed this one!
Designed by Gillian Sarah
Images by Helen Phillips
Copyright 2023 Life on Phillips Lane
in your home, your closet, & beyond